|Upon First Use of this Motherboard Series|
Please insert a clean, unformatted disk into A:\ drive and boot the system into DOS mode. In DOS mode, please type in C:\> FORMAT A: /S or click on“My Computer”icon under Windows O/S, right click on drive A:\ and choose“Format”. By using the procedure above, you can create a boot disk without AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files.
Then, place the bundled M/B support CD into the optical drive. Copy AWDFLASH.EXE (unzipped) onto your boot disk. Otherwise, please refer to ASUS Download Site for latest version of AWDFLASH.EXE BIOS tool utility , please remember to decompress the file before copy it onto the boot disk. ASUS Download Site is located at
Warning：AWDFLASH.EXE (unzipped) can only be executed in DOS mode and not from MS-DOS Prompt in Windows O/S. As a result, no matter if you wish to backup or update the BIOS content, you must create a new boot disk. Please copy AFLASH.EXE into the disk which you wish to boot the system. In addition, in the BIOS device boot sequence, you must set boot from "Floppy Drive" as the first device in the order of boot sequence.
Use AWDFLASH.EXE BIOS to begin refresh.
1. Use the floppy disk prepared previously.
2. After entering DOS prompt via boot disk, please copy AWDFLASH.EXE (unzipped) utility and the BIOS file into the hard disk to execute in order to increase the performance of the system. For example, please type in
"COPY A:\AWDFLASH.EXE C:\"; and "COPY A:\BIOSfilename.BIN C:\ "
(remember to type in the actual name of the BIOS). After finish copying the files, please type in "C:\" and press to change to C:\ drive command from "A:\" drive. Then, key in "AWDFLASH.EXE" and press . Now, the utility will begin executing. Under File Name to Program: column, type in the BIOS filename and hit (as shown below). Please insert the diskette containing lastest BIOS version into the floppy drive. If you skip this process and move onto the next one without insert the floppy into the drive, you will receive an error message stating "WARNING! Device not ready".
3. Please type in the BIOS filename from the floppy disk under "File Name to Program:" column and hit . During refreshing, it will auto-detect the floppy drive and the floppy disk for the BIOS file you have key in. Then, a message will appear stating "Do You Want To Save BIOS (Y / N)", this asks you whether you wish to backup the original BIOS utility or not. If you need it, please type in [ Y ], and hit to proceed to next step.
4. In the image above, it asks whether you wish to continue refresh the BIOS, choose [Y] to continue proceed BIOS update procedure: Choose [ N ] for leaving the BIOS screen, reboot the system and abandon BIOS update procedure.
5. Choose [ Y ] and hit to proceed BIOS update. The procedure is as followed:
||You must not turn off the power or reboot the PC during the process of updating BIOS Boot Block. By doing so, you will increase the risk of unable to boot your system. If your system does not reboot, please consult with your local ASUS dealers or contact ASUS Hotline.|
6. When the procedure is complete, it will show "Flashing Complete Press to Continue " message, hit F1 to reboot the system. Now, the system will reboot using the new BIOS you have refreshed.
Use Built-in BIOS Refresh Procedure
1. Download latest ASUS BIOS from ASUS WWW、FTP for newest version BIOS and save it in a diskette.
2. Reboot the system.
3. When the system is at POST after reboot, please hold down + to view the following image.
The BIOS message shown above is for reference. The information may not be identical to the one shown on your screen.
4. Insert the diskette containing lastest BIOS version into the floppy drive. If you skip this process and move onto the next one without insert the floppy into the drive, you will receive an error message stating "WARNING! Device not ready" .
5. The remaining steps are identical to step "1. Use AWDFLASH.EXE BIOS to begin refresh." section 3 to 6. Please refer to the steps shown to proceed BIOS update.